Monday, March 28, 2011

Book Babies


A friend told me about a book club in our town's library for babies, so I went with her this past Friday to try it out. There were about ten other babies there, with parents in tow of course, and we sang songs and read a book. It was a new experience - I had to get in to mommy-mode and act silly for my daughter to get into it - and I couldn't really shake the hippy vibe as we sat around in a circle, cross-legged with no shoes singing songs and dancing. But I LOVED it! And so did my daughter. I loved seeing her personality come out as I watched how every baby reacted differently to the music and reading. She has always been a serious baby, more the type to sit back and observe than to dive in a be active, and she did the same thing there. She just watched all the other babies, smiled a little bit when we did hand movements with the songs (she LOVES music...which is why I have a stack of Wiggles DVDs at home) and was mostly curious throughout. What I loved the most was at the end of the group time they brought out a bunch of toys and let the babies play together. Since she is my first I love having this time for her to interact with others her age. I loved seeing how every baby was SO different in developmental milestones too, which makes me worry less about whether my daughter is "on time" with every "new" thing she does. Needless to say, we'll be going back:)

1 comment: