Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I have a plan...

So, here's my new idea: Organization! I've become addicted to the iHeartOrganization blog recently. Now that I'm unpacked (still ignoring those last two boxes hiding in our bedroom) in our new house, I need to make it feel more like home - I've decided to focus on one area at time, organizing and decorating it as I go. THIS is one of my favorite things to do! I have two huge boxes of home decor I've collected since I got married, which attests to my love for it, and I'm super excited to pull it all out and see how I can make old things new again (first order of business: invest in a can of white spray paint to liven up darker colored frames). The organizing part is harder for me to do, especially on a budget (I would love to go on an Ikea shopping spree, but something tells me the hubby won't hand over the debit card willingly;).

And I begin this week! First I want to work on my kitchen cabinet/sink area, which is where I spend a majority of my day. What little counter space I have is currently taken up by our microwave, so we'll shift things around and see what works. Humor the fact that yes, I am a new mom and am still adjusting to this idea of staying home instead of having a job...when the baby is asleep, I need a purpose! So I'll be all over the place for awhile...or maybe thats how all moms are?


[I love this picture, this might be what I frame and put over my sink, definitely gives a spring feel :) I have white cabinets though so I don't want too much white! We'll see.]


As for now, my daughter is asleep and I am joining her *YAWN*
Nicole:)

No comments:

Post a Comment