Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mmm, FOOD.

Mmm, food has been on my mind a lot this week! Baking, mostly. I absolutely love to bake and I take any chance I get. After two years of marriage though, making desserts every time one of us had a sweet tooth is starting to show so I needed some other outlet or reason to bake, hah! Well, the church we've started going to since moving back up to Washington has a mini potluck every week after the service. I've decided to start baking every Saturday so I could bring something to church...old recipes I love and have memorized or new ones that I've been dying to try. This week I made Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - YUM. They're peanut butter cookies that you bake in muffin tins, then right when you pull them out of the oven, you stick a mini ReesesPieces candy in the center! My sister and I tried one, and they are amazing (if peanut butter and chocolate is your thing...my husband wouldn't go near them). So we'll see how everyone likes them! I found a list of the "Top 20 Best Dessert Recipes" on AllRecipes.com, so I'll start there and see where I go :) I am so excited!

This week I also talked with my husband about me going back to school to finish my AA degree. I took college during high school but got married before I finished my degree with only FOUR credits to go! I'd be crazy not to finish it. Anyway, sometime this week I hope to go register and look at classes...I'm hoping they have some culinary courses! In another life I think I would have moved to France to go to a pastry school. I'll settle for community college though ;)

As for my other goals and aspirations...crocheting: I've burnt out on (though I'm still determined to make that super cute giraffe hat!). Unless I start selling what I make I see no reason to do it, so I'm looking into becoming a seller on Etsy.com. And as for unpacking, I have also burnt out on. Its like writer's block for the housewife...I just can't bring myself to unpack those last four boxes.
Here's to new ventures and finishing up old ones...
Nicole:)

2 comments:

  1. The cookies look yum-o, the boxes aren't going anywhere (but if you really want them gone you can dump them since you don't do clutter you'll be "forced" to put that stuff away) and if you take any culinary classes, lemme know. Maybe I can cram it into my schedule...I'd LOVE to go. They also do some classes at Bayview School of Cooking in Oly. or we could do a cake deco class at Jo-Ann's or Michaels...ooooooh so much fun! I have to stop putting off getting new running shoes so I can run off the last 30 pounds of baking....sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the cake decorating classes! I'll have to try that out before Aeris' first birthday...I wanted to make her a doll cake maybe with a Pampered Chef batter bowl. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete